Sunday, March 6, 2011

Buffetting: Post TOEFL Mortem



Another day, another test score results.

Thank goodness, my iBT score is 108/120

As expected, my speaking pulled me down a lot, thanks to the 15 sec prep and 45 sec answer policy of the TOEFL iBT.


Although I thought my speaking is gonna go *kaput* as I felt so screwed up in the testing room, the results came out to be *GOOD*, with an average score of 24.

What surprised me was my WRITING score, which is 1 mark away from perfect score of 30!

I mean, its Writing man, and things get ugly and marks are being deducted here and there. Guess the US examination system looks into the ideas of your presentation instead of your astounding-amazement-of-jargon.

Man I love the States.

Listening was okay, as the questions were just fine and answers were straight to the point. I should have done better in the Reading though, to pull up my total score in order to cover the marks lost in Speaking(darn).

Anyway, I'm pretty much satisfied with the score of my TOEFL iBT.

Up to expectation, actually better than I thought it would be, as I was targeting 100/120 only.

Well, now I'm done with my university entrance examinations, time to prepare mentally for the lifeless me for the next 5 years.

3 comments:

  1. wow.....you took JLPT and TOEFL:) Congratulation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poly: haha its just language tests man.. plus JLPT was like N3, so nothing big XD. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL® test) evaluates the proficiency and general understanding of the English Language for people whose first language is not English.

    TOEFL Fees

    ReplyDelete