Saturday, February 16, 2013

Buffetting : When I Move On

I'm pretty sure everyone have their ways of moving on, be it putting things aside, delete from their memories but still keeping the physical attributes and all.

As for me, I've just found out that I throw stuffs away.

I got this out of my stash of collections when I will cleaning and packing up for the university hostel-coming, and me being me, I'd usually keep memories and stuffs from the past for the old-age reminiscence purposes.

However, without 2nd thought after reading the wishes from the 17th birthday card, I've just decided to drop it into the discard pile.

Seriously, that's a sign of me moving on to me. When I cling to stuffs, I have physical memories of them, not in bytes. When I do this, it really proves that I'm just so over my past high school life. The people, the memories, but definitely not the experiences.

Being a pathetic person like me, I'd ought to blurt out "I barely remember high school" one day. No offense to best bud, which is obviously the best thing ever happened in high school, apart from Monkey; but seriously that period and some of the the people is just so not worth my time.

Looking at the wishes, I'd realize somethings like "Friends forever" or "Stay in touch" doesn't mean anything when two person or more don't deliver or be able to communicate over time. Time seeps in and just rip two person apart from being friends to acquaintances.

Oh well, I guess I have moved on indeed. 

8 comments:

  1. lol. exactly my thought. was going through my facebook list of friends, and began to wonder what happened to this chunk of my life fro 13-18... it was as if those years never existed. i could barely remember anything special about sec school...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The memories were there, but they are fading fast, and soon to meaningless. But some of them are preserved well thanks to Best Bud and Monkey for me.

      Delete
  2. my previous memories are not really ok,so just ignore it and it's deleted by time including the people in it,at least you got that kind of birthday card...signed by many...i never had a single birthday card before:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash, you will get them someday! I stopped getting them these days too.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. I had tons of fun in high school! So many memories that I'll remember for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, but seriously I had more dreadful memories, and some still haunts me today.

      Delete
  4. Cherish those memories :) Keep in contact with your friends if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do keep in contact with the ones who'd actually cared to till today!

      Delete