Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Buffetting : Long or Short term

In the midst of cytokine studies Boey dropped in a message speaking on the particular person he have in mind.

With the lack of maturity and responsibility, I just don't see how he can handle a relationship, let alone the person he mentioned. He is way out of his league, even by the basics.

In the midst of me judging him and the person, we came into how we perceive relationships.

He says we get to know the person after we get involved.

I say we get to know the person well enough to convince both of us that we should get together before we get involved.

He says we should treat relationships to be experimental at all levels, and we should never assume them to be long lasting.

I say we should first acknowledge that the relationship will be long lasting so and so we actually will commit while not just letting the relationship goes into kaputt before any solutions proposed.

I don't know, I'm probably a safe person.

But I know one thing for sure. I look for long term.

9 comments:

  1. its always abt the benefits in a long term run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY. he sees it as temporary. he was like "i laugh at those unmarried couple being optimistic aboout their future"

      man if i were there I am going to smack his face.

      Delete
    2. make it a DOUBLE! Dahlah he comes to me ALL THE TIME. Imagine talking to him over and over but he just never got it.

      Delete
  2. I have similar views with you bro! High five. :)

    I strongly believe in being friends and getting to know that person first before diving into a relationship. To me, it is important to be ready to commit and have the right purpose in dating. No point getting into short term ones just for fun, because in the end you will be left emptier than before. Just my two cents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh what made us connect at the first place!

      I personally don't like the "dating" game. its like a game, you go for a date, see and bye. What happened to after we know each other then we get together?

      and ditto to the emptier heart part. I find it so hard to convey that to em.

      hi5 again!

      Delete
    2. Yeah I personally don't like the dating game as well. I really don't like the idea of asking someone out just because you find them attractive; after the date, you decide whether or not you guys have chemistry; if yes, ask her out again; if no, you forget about it. And then you jump from one person to another until you find the "right one". It may seem exciting but that's about it, nothing more nothing less. It's shallow.

      Oh wells, it is their choice. We shouldn't judge. Everyone has their own stand on things. :)

      Delete
    3. yeap, believe it or not I have close friends doing that. and sometimes they are even shocked when they realized im not into the dating thing.

      like, do i have the "dating-game" face? lolololol

      oh well, its a different way to meet people i guess? but i seriously feel that one needs to know the game to play it, not just blindly join.

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with your perspective. Can never understand how people get involved in flings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've quite a number of acquaintances doing flings though. Probably its an escape route for them?

      Delete