Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Buffetting : Traditions

Most chinese readers should be aware that Cheng Beng/Ching Ming is around the corner, when the North-South High Way goes balistically jam in the weekends, and traveling back to the hometown by land would be a hell task.

I've done my fair share last week, as my parents decided to pay our ancestors a visit a week before, so that we can cut short our trips back to Kedah... It is real tiring ya know, seeing how we need to sit in the car for 4 hours, not to mention me suffering from the constant Hokkien songs loading into my ears.

Well, I guess I need to be more understanding for my dad, cause he is the man who drives us back there for 4 hours for the 19 years of my life without any rants.


Guess what?

I went to Ipoh to take on the famous Ah Wong Chicken Rice~

It's weird because the current boss is a Leong(yea yi xian and yuet yin be proud of it), when the bill board clearly state that it is WONG.


Anyway, guess the Wongs only managed get a daughter, so the son-in-law takes over.


Dinner there was good, along with the 988 crew there to get more people to tune into their band by giving out goodies, having dance shows(which was really annoying because they were just doing Hairography all the way...



Then we head over to grandma's. Not much happened until the next day when we went for ancestral offerings, ya know all the typical chinese stuffs... maybe I will blog in detail next year if I had time to shoot some pictures.


So practically that's that.


One thing I realized throughout the whole trip this time is that,

Losers flock with losers

No offense to anyone, but it's just my mere personally point of view. Anyone else may have their thoughts about these people I will be mentioning, but to me, they don't practice what they have preached, and they just give me the same feeling as the person from my Hatred post.


And let me explain why.


First off is the cousin who is the same age as my sis.

He started off well, I GUESS. Seeing that he scored 9As in his SPM while my sis only got 4, he was "recognized" as a better student.

I didn't know how easy SPM was back then, so there was a certain degree of "respect" in a lack of terms.

Anyway, he went for chemical engineering, whereby only people with the smarts can enter, in UTAR.

But, he started complaining about the poor facilities in the campus and sorta complains from his "rich kid" nature, he went off joining my sister for ACCA in Sunway later on.


So, in Malaysia's education system, a person who switches from sciences to arts-based subjects shouldn't have a hard time dealing with it, and plus, he had always boasted on how good he was and how great was he to take on ACCA which have an even lower passing rate compared to a doctor's one.

And my sis only silenced.

Owh yea, and did I mentioned how his parents actually was so PROUD to announce his results around, like 9As was that HARD to get.


Kay, so then the whole wide world how "good" he was, obviously expectations were high too.


Until late last year when my family realized that he actually came home like around 2 or 3 am? which was clearly a taboo in my family because our curfew was at max 1 am, and only guys have the privilege. Bet I forgot to mentioned that he was still staying with our family that time to save some rental cost for him.


And apparently he realized that we've realized, then he moved out.

Soon, I found out that he actually failed his paper, which he actually managed to lie to his dad that he could pass with flying colors.

I was like, huh? Even my sister can pass her papers and he couldn't?


And then I found out that he actually started to blog~ owh, not to promote anything, you can actually drop by at xiangcool.com to see how "wonderful" his sentence structure is, and how he has been trying to call himself a BLOGGER.


Well, I think to him, blogger should have fancy DSLRs, funky looks and most importantly POPULAR....


I'm just a lil confused with the way blog-trafficking in Malaysia works, and it seemed as if the blog count is even more important than the contents themselves.

Anyway, so of course if you readers were a member of Nuffnang, you should know what perks they actually offer. So he went on full blast mode on attending almost ALL the events offered.


I did attend the events.

I did spend time on getting the premier tickets.


But hey, one thing is for sure, I was original.

He was nothing but pure copying other bloggers' writing style and theme, in the expense of his own studies.


Yeap, all play and no work has made our friend here, failed his papers again.

And again.

So, I'm just ranting, how we can make a failure out. One thing is for sure, he is all talk but nothing else.


Look, I might have the urge to go for cool movie premiers and all.

But whats important now is my studies, and I don't easily loosen up just like YOU.


You, you only crave for glory,fame and one day you will wake up, and you will find out that without BLOGGING, you have nothing else.

PS: You are not surviving on your own money, you live on your dad's monthly allowances and you know it.


I have to say this was a quite sucky post, but WTF.


My English is TRULY deteriorating like no one's business.


PS: I give up in trying to upload photos to blogger... its real darn slow..enjoy the boring posts!

1 comment: