Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Buffetting : Life Principles




Can't believe I had to rea
ch for the dictionary to check up on the word principle of my post title.

Yet, the point of the post is about what you believe in your life.

Another barbecue party was held and once again, I'm the handy man who needs to start the fire, get the pits, charcoals, food and the yanky-dadees for everyone.

Credits given to my dad who woke up early to stroll me around the market in ss15 for the raw food.

And there we go, the plan was well executed until the whole gang of us forgotten about SKEWERS when we were heading to my ex-tuition teacher's place.

I did halt my sis to make a simple U-turn to get those stuffs.

"Mr Lee has all the utensils so just go ahead okay?"

Fine, you are the driver and the eldest around so supposingly you are the wisest around.


Once we reached there, TADAAA

No skewers, no thongs, everyone was done MANUAL.


Imagine BBQing a chicken without any skewers and your only equipment around was a pathetic, well fine FEW pathetic pairs of WOODEN chopsticks.


I controlled my temper and went on because it was suppose to be FUN.


Until one point when I was told my wooden chopstick is burning.

I just ignore and told them, just dispose them by the end of the day then.

And my cousin teased me by telling I have to get rid of 2 pairs since I was using 2 different chopsticks as a pair.


I just returned lightly saying, well the process isn't important what matters is the outcome.


then my sister snapped and bombarded by telling she doesn't like what I said and my attitude.


HELLO?! If you haven't noticed, I was the one starting the fire and cooking non-stop for you guys okay? And fine I didn't complain about this, because I'm a GUY.


So I snapped back by saying I don't really have a choice.

First , we have no equipments.

2nd , I'm the only one doing MOSt of the work, not all.

And 3rd, I hate unorganized events.

Then she was like,

"why do you have to make sucha big deal out of it? we are enjoying anyway?!"

Correction~

you enjoyed, I was simply pissed off.

you might be enjoying your stuffs but I have my principles.

I like plans to go by the book, not off the chart.

Even if it had gone off the chart, i'll fix it my way.

Accept it or screw it, you digg?

And don't give me the pep talk and long lectures if you have no SOLUTIONS.



And I stormed into the house.



Fine, I might seemed stubborn in this sense but honestly, I'm done being the puppets of others.

I'm an adult I have my thoughts.


Chopsticks, yes it might be a mistake to burn them off like that.

But I know the gravity of the matter.

I'm not that stupid.

Plus, mr lee gave me the permission to burn them off the pits so, HOLLER.



Come to think of it, she actually banged me or not marinating the chickens earlier on.

Honestly speaking, I'm not STUPID.

I would have give the maid a hand if I knew she would be busy but she wasn't!

The whole house is going to be empty for the whole day without us being in the house and she didn't have to cook lunch or dinner, so how busy can she be?


Marinating takes max one hours, and she have 7 hours without anyone bothering her the whole day to clean up the house.


So tell me, do I need to give a hand, when I have done marinating with her twice this holiday?

She is the kitchen expert not me, so logically speaking, there wouldn't be any point arguing over if I need or not to help my maid out with the marinating.


That is how stubborn the women in my family can be.


anyways, I'm certain I did the right thing, because everything turned out well in the end.


Let them hate me or what ever, because by the end of the day, the experience I've gained is much more precious.



PS: Watched Storm Warriors 2. Trust me, invest one the first movies instead... better plot, though the recent one have impressive VFX, but it doesn't mean anything.


Have to bail no2 for another day of recapping with old mates.


Thanks for tuning in.

Zany Zephyr

No comments:

Post a Comment